Thursday 12 October 2017

Until Next Time - #Inktober day 12

Until Next Time

This so awkward,
I'm sweating and giggling, 
I'm nervous and shaking,
I don't know the words, 
And I'm waking up from the idea I could do this,
That I'd ever not rue this,
That performing's for me.
This ain't my cup of tea.
I sip from my beer, 
Try to joke with the crowd,
And I choke back a laugh as the music gets loud,
And the notes sound so flat, 
Nails dig in to my palms,
And like that, 
It's over, 
We've sung the last song, 
And it all felt so wrong,
But I'm done now.
I'll rest.
Not the best,
Not the worst,
Not again, 
Never.

Until next time.

Todays #Inktober poem, inspired by last nights open mic efforts. If you like it, please feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...