Tuesday 31 October 2017

The End - #Inktober day 31 part 2!

The End

It is the end of the road.
My journey is done. 
It is bittersweet to put down my pen.
After weeks of introspection,
Of creative immersion, 
It is strange to think that this is the end. 

I will still write, create, rhyme,
I have found a way to commit my time, 
To the empty page, 
And with ink-stained fingers smudging my days, 
I will write. 
Free of obligation, 
But obsessed with the sensation
Of creation,
Of something new, 
Of ordering my thoughts in to stanzas and phrases, 
Giving up my hours to spend my days in poetry.

Another road lies ahead,
I spy a novel in the distance, 
I have given all of myself to words, 
To these notebooks,
To this pen.
And although this month is done,
Though the challenge is complete, 
This will never quite manage to be,

The End. 

I’m done! My #Inktober is over! 32 poems in 31 days. I think I’ve earned a cup of tea and a nap. 

Thank you to everyone who’s commented, liked, shared, critiqued and encouraged. And keep an eye on my blog for more new poetry. I can’t stop now, can I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...