Monday 23 October 2017

Daydreams - #Inktober day 23

Daydreams

It's not all that difficult to imagine I'm somewhere else,
It happens so often.
I haven't taken my mind to work in months.
While I go through the motions time and time again, 
Of this over-rehearsed dance that might never reach its end, 
I'm somewhere else in my head.
Somewhere in the sun perhaps, 
Or at least somewhere warm,
Finally finding solitude
Or slavishly adored by a thousand admirers, 
All pouring me a drink.
I tie my apron, get down to work, 
And then I start to think,
About a cabin in the woods, 
A fireplace and mulling wine,
Though some days, honestly, just the woods would be fine.
Some days I just crave air-con, 
Or a walk in pouring rain.
And sometimes there's a story, 
Sometimes magic, 
Often mundane.
Some days I live a thousand lifetimes, 
A thousand kisses, never pained.
Some days there's a common thread,
I've finally succeeded.
Some days my mind is fractured, 
And my fantasies recede in to snippets, 
Lives I'd like to live.
And if I give myself credit, 
Then occasionally I do concentrate, 
Focus on the task at hand, 
Keep my station manned, 
But the fantasies intrude, 
These charming interludes,
These daydreams and creations of my vivd imagination, 
Are the reason I wasn't really listening, 
And have no answer to your question.

Day 23 of my #Inktober poetry challenge. If you like it, feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...