Saturday 21 October 2017

If I Could - #Inktober day 21

If I Could

If I could just put pen to paper, 
I'd make a character, create her, 
Send her on a journey, 
Have her prove that she is worthy, 
Send her far and bring her back, 
Save her from attack, 
Give her challenges and trials, 
Play with her for a while.
If I could just put pen to paper, 
I could make her.

If I could just write something down, 
There'd be stories all around.
I'd manage a kind of magic, 
Tell you something tragic, 
Break your heart with words.
I know it sounds absurd,
But I could make something so clever, 
Something you could love forever.
If I could just write something down, 
I'd write it for you now.

If I could just fill up these pages,
Break these tales out of cages, 
I'd make something that can last,
I would find things from the past, 
Make a future and a present, 
Gift-wrap them, make it pleasant, 
I would give you all these words, 
I would write away these hurts.
If I could just fill up these pages, 
I'd write something for the ages.

Day 21 of my #Inktober poetry challenge. If you like it, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...