Wednesday 25 October 2017

Winter/Summer - #Inktober day 25

Winter/Summer

It's a night like any other,
I stumble home and dream of winter,
Strip off another layer, 
Swelter, think of the way
Your cheeks will flush, 
Whipped by wind and rain, 
The crackle of fallen leaves around your ankles,
The quiet giggles, 
As your nose wrinkles at the cold.
I dream, and it's summer, and I swelter.

It's a day like any other, 
I lay back and dream of summer, 
Wrap myself in one more blanket,
Shiver, think of riverbanks, 
Nudged by boats, 
Trailing our hands in the water, 
The crisp crack and hiss of a can of beer, 
The head-thrown-back laugh 
Of someone happy to be right here.
I dream, and it's winter, and I shiver.

Day 25 of my #Inktober poetry challenge. If you like it, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...