Saturday 14 October 2017

The Dog Ate My Homework - #Inktober day 14

The Dog Ate My Homework

It's not there today, I'm sorry.
Can I get back to you tomorrow?
There was an idea I thought I'd borrow, 
But I left it.
Just forget it.
And I know that I promised inspiration and desire.
I said I'd write in lines of fire,
Speak of magic and of wonder, 
And on my funeral pyre there'd be words, 
Words,
Nothing but words,
But today they've left the building.
And I think I've got the feeling that your faith has been misplaced, 
That the lily might need gilding.
There's no sparks left in this place.
There's no magic left to give you.
It's just me, so please forgive me,
But I haven't been well lately,
And the words that I promised?
The dog ate them.

Day 14 of my #Inktober poetry project, and what happens when I don't feel like writing a poem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...