Tuesday 16 October 2018

Transactional Relationships- Inktober 2018 day 16

Transactional Relationships 

It’s simple really,
I like this and you like me. 
But if I like this one,
But you owe me one. 
So I’ll share this with my friends,
Because it’s something they’ll enjoy,
But could you share this for me too? 
I don’t mean to be coy,
But it’s the least you could do,
After I shared that for you. 

This is the transactional nature of relationships,
In the social media age. 

It’s a way of pinching one of your chips,
Without leaving the house for days.
And it’s something to fret about,
A reason to worry, 
When I’m counting likes in fits and flurries.
Getting anxious about my reason to shout,
And scream “Hey, my art’s here,
Come take a look?
Retweet it, maybe follow,
And share it on Facebook?”.

But for all this talking on the topic of art,
The “What do we love?”
And “Where do we start?”,
We’re sharing what’s sweet,
And what we believe in.
So hit like if you love it,

Because that is worth keeping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...