Monday 1 October 2018

Beginnings - #Inktober 2018 day 1!

Beginnings

Maybe I’ll start with an interesting word,
One I heard the the other day.
Something I can wrap my tongue around,
Like “punctilious” or “possibility”.
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, 
But I need that sound
To write around, 
And I’d hate for you to get bored and yawn. 

See, beginnings are the hardest,
And I don’t know where to start
Part of the problem is getting to the heart of the matter,
Whether writing odes to outrageous flattery,
Or ranting and raving about what matters to me.

So at this point, 
In stanza 3,
I should know what I’m trying to say and start it,
But I’m running out of ink and page,
And I’ve barely even begun to tell you
What I’m writing for you today. 

Because beginnings are beyond me,
I cannot tame their wild ways.
So I will skip the start tomorrow,

And be glad I began today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...