Thursday 4 October 2018

Just A Pen - #inktober 2018 day 4

Just A Pen

Just give me a pen 
And I will write you wonders.
I will tell you all the tales,
That these little words can tell.
We can fly on wings of ink,
Through sun and storms and thunder,
And I can write you in to heaven, 
I could write you in to hell. 

Flowing from a pen,
We can slay all of the demons,
We’ll be heroes of a story,
That we’d never dare to live.
Singing fire in our veins,
There’ll be magic, there’ll be meaning,
Writing lies and love and longing, 
Writing loss we’ll carry with. 

So just give me a pen,
And I will give you all these stories,
I’ll make a place that’s safe for always,
Safe from wind and war and stone. 
Give me ink for scrawling,
And I will write you something,
You can keep in place of worries.

I will write you safely home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...