Wednesday 31 October 2018

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse 

A month of spinning words 
Had passed by in a blur.
Through stages and stories
And guests and gigs
And crushing rushes
And the unending crush of life
I struggle to know what I’ve learned. 
I think I’ve learned to write in strange places 
Cramped corners and car seats,
Cold fire escapes and snatched seconds from weeks of unending tricks and treats.
I’ve learned to write from strange places.
Corners of my mind that hide,
Words that wait and bide their time,
I’ve learned to pick them like bitter fruit from friends trees, 
Pluck them and them and simmer them to something sweet. 
I’ve learned that I love this
And discovered I hate it.
But I will keep it, and crush it,
And hold it and make it.
My pen will not rest,
But unless under duress, 
I may not write tomorrow, 

I may not write my best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...