Thursday 25 October 2018

With a Song - Inktober 2018 day 25

With a Song 

I’ve spilled words everywhere 
I’ll mop them up
With another song. 
They’re all over the place,
Scattering on stage and page,
And I’ll admit that I’ve gone wrong.

I see derision in your double chins,
And I won’t listen.
I can see the jerked-back neck,
The way you’ve taken double.
I can feel sweat glisten,
But I soldier on,
Mopping words up with a song.

I will paint you a life,
One anecdote at a time.
A picture of stories told in rhyme.
I will spill my words upon you,
And I will get this wrong,
But I will write for you regardless,
And mop it all up with a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...