Friday 12 October 2018

Cheese - Inktober 2018 day 12

Cheese 

“Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese” - G.K. Chesterton

This feta is fated to catch me unawares.
I fear being bothered by brie. 
It is known that this stuff causes nightmares,
So I’ve chosen to write about cheese.

I can manage that monster manchego,
But some writers fear cheddar, so please,
When feeding a poet you must know,
They may run from biscuits and cheese.

You may not have known this of poets,
But many can’t tolerate dairy.
They fear fondue, and now that you know it, 
You’ll know why they’re silent on cheese. 

But I will not capitulate to Camembert, 
Halloumi will not haunt my dreams,
I’ll be a poet of a kind quite rare,

And I will write on the subject of cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...