Sunday 1 October 2017

Unfinished - #Inktober day 1

Unfinished

I will walk away with head held high,
From a fight I’ve left unfinished. 
There was no winner
Nothing lost, 
Nothing gained, 
Nothing broken, 
Growing pains of girls finding their feet and their beliefs.
Women waking from fever-dreams of freedom to find the fight raging on,
In screens and pages and feet pounding pavements,
In ten-foot writing on the walls and actions speaking louder than a picture worth a 1000 words.

I will walk away from the fights not worth having.
I will turn off glowing words of wilful misunderstandings. 
I will place my rage in processes of progress. 
I will wage the war worth winning, whether or not the bastards who oppress are listening. 
I will fight the fight worth winning. 
I will leave this fight unfinished.

Day 1 of my #Inktober poetry challenge. If you like it, let me know and feel free to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Month In Verse - Inktober 2018 Day 31 part 2!

A Month in Verse  A month of spinning words  Had passed by in a blur. Through stages and stories And guests and gigs And crushi...